Friday, July 11, 2008

August 11th, 2008

Blogging is an art which may take a little while for me to learn. I do not dare use the word "master." The reason for that is I do not believe any of us can truly say we have mastered anything. Again, Paul comes to mind here. He writes in Philippians 3:12:


"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect; but I follow after,
if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehending of Christ Jesus."


What he says here is that "no matter how close is my walk with the Lord, as long as I am still in this body of flesh, I will never arrive to mastery or perfection. Only in heaven will that occur. And only Christ can and will make that one day happen."

That goes for anything any of us pursue in this life. I have been a piper now for a little over forty years, if my memory serves me well enough. And I try to practice the pipes almost daily. Sundays I would prefer to reserve for a rest, as this is the Lord's special day when all labor should cease, at least any labor which is not cecessary, like law enforcement and hospital work. Crimes and illnesses do not take place Monday through Saturday only, and some jobs have to be done on Sunday as well.

Over the last couple of days, I have been experiencing a spiritual dry spell. Drought is not limited to climate and weather. It can occur in a Christian's heart and soul. But it is during those times when God can do His best work in us. I hope someone out there in viewing land will read these words, as I believe the Lord laid upon me to write such words in the hope that they might be an encouragement to fellow believers who are going through such times in their lives.

Keep praying even if you do not feel like praying. And stay in God's Word, keep meditating on its timeless truths. Our Lord will honor that, especially when we tell Him what He already knows how we really feel.Two things He has revealed to me about this: One: We should never trust our feelings. We should trust in Him and His blessed Word. Two: We should keep up our prayer and Bible when our hunger and thirst for Him seems as if it approaching empty. My wife Miriam read to me one day from one of her nutritional health books that we should not stop eating when we do not have much of an appetite, because the body still needs food. I believe the same applies to a Christian's walk with God. Keep walking with Him, talking with Him, even when we do not think we have any words left. Romans 8:26 gives much credance to that.

Well, I will bid farewell for the time being, but hope to return with more from "Faith Walk." Next time, I will try to post a recent photo of my wife and me sitting in front of the church house where we were brought together in holy matrimony nearly 32 years ago. This coming November 6th will commemorate our 32 years together. Also, I will try to include some photos of our two girls, Meg and Emily. Both are married, and have each given us two grandchildren.

May your day be blessed as you spend it with loved ones and family. The grace of our Lord and Saviour be with you all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: